What managers and innovators in SMEs need to know about patents
Publisher: Vahlen, Edition 1 (February 6, 2017)
Author: Carmen Tesch-Biedermann
This entertaining book especially for managers describes the essence of patents, what they do, who they benefit and how dangerous they are for third parties.
Economic prosperity is based on successful innovations. But this success is under threat: ambitious, success-hungry Asian companies are systematically conquering market shares and legally protecting them with patents. Companies and especially SMEs therefore urgently need the power of patents in order to survive in the competitive battle.
- Patent strategy as a competitive advantage
- Knowing what it’s all about: Basics of intellectual property rights
- Knowing what works: Patents and patenting requirements
- Knowing how to do it: Alternative approaches
- Knowing what the others are doing: competitors’ patents
- Knowing what is prohibited: patent infringement and liability issues
- Knowing who owns the invention: employee inventors and cooperation partners
- Know what it costs: Fees and charges
- Knowledge that counts: Patents from a strategic point of view